Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Apply for a discount or exemption

Empty property discount / exemption

Find out more about empty property discount / exemption.

Student / Apprentice discount

As a student you may be able to get a discount on your council tax.

Single Person Discount (SPD)

If you are the only person over 18 years old who lives in your home, you may be entitled to a discount of 25 percent.

Moving away to a nursing home or hospital

If a family member or friend is moving into a nursing home, they may be entitled to an exemption at a property they still own.

Disabled person discount

You may be entitled to a council tax discount if you, an adult or a child living with you is permanently disabled. This discount is called a 'Disabled Reduction'.

People who are disregarded for council tax

Find out if you are entitled to a discount on your council tax bill.

Occupied properties that are exempt from council tax

Find out which properties are exempt from paying council tax.

Council Tax reductions in special circumstances (Section 13A)

We can sometimes give a short-term Council Tax reduction to people who find themselves unexpectedly in difficult circumstances.