Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Domestic Abuse

New Era  0300 303 3778 live chat facility  (24-hour) provides free and confidential round-the-clock advice and support for anyone in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent affected by domestic abuse - regardless of their age, ethnicity or gender.

Sometimes it's difficult to know

  • Does your partner or ex-partner threaten you and your children?

  • Are you and your children often frightened by your partner?

  • Are you constantly degraded and picked on?

  • Are you not allowed to have contact with friends and family?

  • Does your partner constantly check where you have been, how much you spend, who you speak to?

Domestic Abuse covers a range of behaviours including physical, emotional, sexual and financial abuse, within all types of relationships. This can include threats, constant criticism, isolation, money being controlled and forced sex

What can I do?

If you are being abused it is useful to talk to someone about what has happened, even if you do not want to do anything about it. Often it is helpful to speak to someone and get some support for yourself. Getting someone to record the incidents will help you in the future if you do decide to take action.

Useful Contacts:

In an emergency call 999

New Era  0300 303 3778 Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent and live chat facility (24-hour)

Homeless 0345 605 3012 (Mon - Fri 9am - 4.30pm). Out of hours please call P3 on 0808 1692 333 or Email:

National Domestic Violence 24 Hour Helpline 0808 200 0247 You can talk confidentially to someone about your situation and find out what your options are.

Men's Advice Line  0808 801 0327 If you are a man experiencing domestic abuse

National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline  0800 999 5428 If you are in a same-sex relationship.

Glow domestic abuse helpline 0330 0945 559 (Mon - Fri 9am - 5.00pm) Is a local charity on a mission to end relationship abuse, campaigning for change and providing support throughout Staffordshire and its surrounding areas. Through a full-circle approach, Glow seeks to address the issues from every angle, ensuring that no member of the community is vulnerable to an abusive relationship