Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site


For further information regarding coronavirus visit

If you experience or witness a crime please call 999 or 101 and report this to the police as soon as it's safe to do so.

If you are having a medical emergency or are with someone who requires medical attention please ring 999 or 101.

In the event of an emergency that requires people to be evacuated from their homes, we have identified a number of premises across the district, and if necessary will work with local organisations to set up and operate rest centres.

We have trained staff volunteers who crew our rest centres.

Flooding - who to contact

Reports of flooding on highways or road gullies are dealt with by ourselves and the county council

Severe winter weather

Advice on gritting, priority roads & footpaths and keeping warm this winter

Emergency planning

We work with the emergency services, health services and other agencies to make sure we're as ready as we can be in the event of an emergency or major incident.

Reporting suspicious activity and behaviour

Help the police tackle terrorism and save lives by reporting suspicious behaviour and activity.

Business continuity

Business continuity is planning for the worst case scenario

Planning for emergencies

The chances of you or your family being caught up in an emergency are low, but it is important to prepare just in case this happens

Flash floods - what to do

Though flash floods are rare climate change and an increase in localised thunderstorms means they are happening more often

Safety around open water

We advise that people do not enter water at any time, even if you are a strong swimmer, unless as part of a supervised, organised event or activity