Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Flooding - who to contact

Reporting flooding

If lives are in danger or there is a risk of injury, contact the emergency services (fire and rescue) as soon as possible by dialling 999.

Otherwise, the following services should be contacted:

Environment Agency

If your property is under threat from flooding from main rivers, then you are advised to contact the Environment Agency's Floodline on 0345 988 1188.

The Environment Agency will be able to offer you advice or assistance on how best to reduce the damage caused by flooding.

Staffordshire County Council

You should contact county council where you or your property is under threat from flooding from smaller ordinary watercourses, from surface water or from groundwater.

Contact Staffordshire County Council to report flooding or highway drainage problems

Sewer or water main flooding

Where the flooding you are experiencing is caused by a burst water main or from sewers, please contact the utility company for your area:

Flood Warnings

If you're worried about your property sign up to get flood warnings from the Environment Agency

You can also get regular Flood Warning updates by calling the Environment Agency's Floodline Warnings Direct on 0345 988 1188.

Other help

National Flood Forum Advice is Charity and a go to source of independent advice and support.

What should I do? - National Flood Forum


What to do after a flood - GOV.UK