Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Cost of Living - Support

Below are a number of links to local and national organisations who offer support, advice and in some cases financial support and grants to help towards the cost of living.

You can also find a list of organisations around Staffordshire who  may be able to help in our  Support for Households [216KB] .

Staffordshire Moorlands

Beat the Cold is Staffordshire Moorlands District Council's affordable warmth programme that gives free and impartial energy advice to residents. They can give advice on paying for fuel, switching supplier, improving energy efficiency in the home and fuel debt. They can also assess whether you may be eligible for grant funding to improve your home.

Staffordshire Warmer Homes deliver projects to improve homes through grant funding. Check their website to see if you are eligible and register your interest for funding.

There are a number of schemes and grants available that may be able to help you with your fuel bills or to make your home more energy efficient. Visit our grants page to find out more.

Our Energy Debt webpage has information on how you can avoid fuel debt and a number of energy trusts who may be able to help as the cost of living increases. 

You can apply for council tax reduction and housing benefit from Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.

Staffordshire County Council have a dedicated section on their website to help people - Visit Here to Help to find out more.

The Community Foundation for Staffordshire administers many different grants schemes from various funders. We offer grants from our own funds, from funds set up by local donors and philanthropists, local businesses and individuals, and from national and regional charities and trusts.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service offer a Safe and Well visit for those residents who qualify to ensure they are safe at home.

Your Housing Group have information on their website which provides helpful advice and practical tips on how to manage your finances in your day-to-day life.


  • The Government has introduced a cost of living and disability cost of living payment for people on certain benefits to help with increased costs. To find out more visit
  • Citizens' Advice offers help and information for people who need more support with cost of living. Visit their website where they have collated lots of information and links to websites where more help is available.
  • If you need help to manage your budget or if you're struggling with debt visit Money Helper. Money Helper offer free support, advice and impartial guidance.
  • Use the benefits checker to see if you may be entitled to any benefits to help during this time.
  • Help for Households is a Government website which provides support and advice with cost of living. It includes information on energy bills, childcare, income support, transport costs and help finding work.
  • Looking after our mental health is really important. If you feel anxious or are struggling visit Every Mind Matters where you'll find lots of help and tips to help look after you and your mental health.
  • Get water fit today - Find out how and where you use water in your home and discover easy ways to make savings.
  • My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.
  • The Royal British Legion has launched Everyday Needs Grants, providing up to £2,400 over 12 months for members of the Armed Forces community. Read more and apply here:
  • Green Doctors provide FREE services such as helping fix causes of heat loss in your home, tackling problems with damp or mould; and have useful tips for saving energy and water whilst ensuring your home stays safe and comfortable

Help through Hardship - freephone number to allow individuals to talk confidentially to a trained Citizens Advice adviser: