Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Energy Debt

If you are in arrears with your energy supplier and are experiencing hardship then you may be able to get help and support from various energy trusts.

British Gas Energy Trust

If you are experiencing extreme hardship with exceptional vulnerabilities, and are in debt with your energy supplier, you may be able to get help from the British Gas Energy Trust (both customer and non-customers of British Gas can apply).

For more information or to make an application visit

EDF Energy Trust

The EDF Energy Trust awards grants to individuals and families to:

  • Clear domestic gas and electricity debts owed to EDF Energy.
  • Purchase essential energy efficient household items, e.g. washing machines, cookers.
  • Bankruptcy/DRO, Sequestration and Minimal Asset Process fees.

For more information

E.On Energy Fund

If you are a current or previous E.On customer then the E.On energy fund may be able to help you if you are in arrears with your energy bills. They might also be able to help with the replacement of white good items such as cookers, washing machines, fridges and fridge freezers or help to replace or repair gas, calor gas and oil boilers.

For more information visit or call 03303 80 10 90