Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Types of antisocial behaviour

Most types of anti-social behaviour fit into one of three categories - street problems, nuisance neighbours or environmental crime.

Street problems

  • Intimidating others
  • Being drunk
  • Begging
  • Street prostitution
  • Kerb-crawling
  • Nuisance neighbours

Environmental crime

  • Fly-tipping
  • Dropping litter
  • Graffiti
  • Vandalism

Nuisance neighbours have created a handy guide to help when dealing with neighbourly disputes. You can find it online at 

Nuisance that includes criminal behaviour, such as damage to property or threats of violence, should be reported to the police on 101. In an emergency, phone 999.

If you, or your neighbour, rent your home from the council, you can also contact us for support as well as reporting incidents to the police.  We will check whether your neighbour has broken any conditions in their tenancy agreement.  If you rent from a private landlord, you can also tell them about any problems.

Serious and criminal behaviour

You should report things that are serious and against the law to the police. This includes things such as:

  • Criminal damage
  • Vandalism
  • Making threats of violence or being violent
  • Graffiti (contact the council to get this removed)
  • Drug dealing
  • Dangerous dogs
  • Harassment, including racial harassment
  • Public disturbances, such as fighting

You can contact Staffordshire Police by phoning their non-emergency number on 101.

If it's an emergency, you should always phone 999.

The following issues can be reported to us