Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Tell us about a change

Changes in your situation can affect how much benefit  you're entitled to or how much council tax you must pay. If you don't tell us about any changes, we might not pay you enough benefit, or we might pay you too much and you may have to pay it back.

What you need to tell us

  • changes to income, wages or savings
  • starting or leaving work
  • changes in  working hours
  • moving home
  • someone else moves into or out of your home
  • birth of a child
  • your children leaving school or starting work
  • anything else that you think might affect your claim

Some changes may mean we need to end your housing benefit claim and you will need to claim Universal Credit instead. 

Reporting a change to us

You need to report any changes through your online account. If you don't have one, click the button below and register. If you already have an account with us you can also log in here.

PLEASE NOTE - You will need an e-mail address to set up an account. Once you have submitted your application, we will contact you electronically if we need further information and to tell you the outcome of your claim.

Once you're registered

  • go to 'Submit a request' and select the 'Change of circumstances' form
  • you will need to have your personal details ready
  • you can upload scanned / saved evidence of your address, income and other benefits or do this later

Changes to Universal Credit

If you need to make a change to your Universal Credit claim you will need to inform the Department for Work and Pensions straight away. 

Cancelling a claim

If you no longer need to claim benefit, let us know.