Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Street furniture

Street name plates

We look after street name plates for adopted roads in the area. We do not provide or maintain name plates for private or unadopted roads. A developer has to provide the name plate for a new road before it can be adopted.

Litter bins

Please use our litter bins to dispose of bagged dog waste and any other litter you create while you are out and about.  It is against the law to use litter bins to throw away general rubbish from your home. If you are caught you may receive a fine.

Report a full or damaged litter bin to the team who look after where the bin is

Seats and benches

We provide and look after seats and benches in our parks, open spaces and cemeteries.

To request a new memorial bench from please complete our online form.

If you spot a broken bench please report it online.

Other benches are the responsibility of your town or parish council.

Tree guards or planters

We provide some hanging baskets in Derby Street, Leek but the majority of seasonal flower displays are provided by your town or parish council.

Tree guards are often put in place to protect new trees while they are young.

Contact us to report a problem with a tree guard/planter.

Railings and bollards

Bus shelters

We look after some bus shelters, Staffordshire County Council are responsible for some and others may belong to your town or parish council.

We provide an annual power wash, weeding and weed spray for the shelters we look after.


Street lights, road signs and gully emptying (road drains)

Staffordshire County Council look after street lighting, road signs and road drains, as well as road and pavement surfaces.
If you see a drain blocked with leaves and debris when it's raining, if possible, please clear the grid to allow the water to flow and prevent local flooding.