Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Check if you can claim benefit

From 13th June 2018, Universal Credit will replace Housing Benefit in some cases. Before applying for Housing Benefit, you will need to check which benefit to claim based upon your current circumstances.

Universal Credit

If you think you should claim Universal Credit but you're not sure how much you may be entitled to, then you can check online using the benefit calculator on Gov.UK.

To apply, click on the link below. Universal Credit is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) so you will need to make a separate application to the council for help towards your council tax.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction 

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction applications should be made to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.

To find out if you are entitled to claim, and how much you're likely to receive, use our online benefits calculator below.

Need help?

If you need help with the calculator, and would like someone to go through this with you, contact Citizens Advice.

They will be able to offer you an appointment at one of their offices in Leek, Cheadle or Biddulph.