Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Universal Credit

Universal credit applications in Staffordshire Moorlands will be accepted by the Department for Work and Pensions from Wednesday 13th June 2018,unless you live in ST7 & ST8 postcodes in which case it will be December 2018.

To apply for Universal Credit you must apply online direct to the Department for Work and Pensions.

You can also claim Council Tax Reduction whilst on Universal Credit, however this must be done via Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.


How to claim

Information on how to claim Universal Credit and what to do if you also need Council Tax Support

Help and advice

Information on organisations that can help you with universal credit, benefit applications, job search support and money management

Who to contact

You may need to contact different people with regards to your benefits - find out who to contact here

Does it affect me?

Find out information on how Universal Credit may affect you

Am I eligible?

You may be able to get Universal Credit if you're on a low income or out of work

What you need to get UC ready

Find out what information you will need to apply for Universal Credit