Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Coronavirus information hub

During the Coronavirus pandemic any vulnerable resident who needs support with food, household essentials or prescriptions can call the Council for advice on 0345 605 3010.

For community support choose the first option on the telephone menu by pressing the 1 key on your telephone.

Follow us @StaffsMoorlands on Facebook and @StaffMoorlandDC on twitter for the latest advice.

Face coverings: when to wear one and how to make your own

In England, you must wear a face covering by law immediately before entering any of these settings and must keep it on until you leave:

  • public transport
  • indoor transport hubs (airports, rail and tram stations and terminals, maritime ports and terminals, bus and coach stations and terminals)
  • shops and supermarkets (places which are open to the public and that wholly or mainly offer goods or services for retail sale or hire)
  • indoor shopping centres
  • banks, building societies, and post offices (including credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs and money service businesses)

Some people are exempt from wearing one - you can find out more on this via

Where this law does not apply

Face coverings are required to be worn in any shops, including food shops and supermarkets, but are not required in hospitality settings, including restaurants with table service, bars, and pubs. They are also not required in entertainment venues, visitor attractions, exercise and sports venues.