Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Replacement Windows or Electrical Installations

Replacement windows

If you are taking windows or glazed doors out, and replacing with new, and the work is notbeing carried out by a contractor able to self certify their work (FENSA, CERTASS, BMTRADA) then submit this form to us.

We will send back a questionnaire with your acceptance letter that you need to complete and return to us.  We will then arrange a site inspection of the works prior to the issuing of an Installation Certificate.  If you are altering the size of the window openings and making structural alterations then a Building Notice should be used.

Electrical installations

If the proposed electrical works are being carried out by a person that is not on the Competent Persons Scheme but is able to provide the relevant test certificates, a form should be submitted to us along with the relevant test certificate. This can then be assessed and providing satisfactory, the relevant Installation Certification can be issued.

If the proposed electrical works are being carried out by a person not on the Competent Persons Scheme and they are notable to provide the relevant test certificates, it is recommended you contact Building Control to discuss prior to the works being carried out as these can be extremely costly to assess.

Guidance Information

Electrical works guidance sheet [204KB]

Replacement windows guidance sheet [211KB]

Windows and doors - glazing guidance sheet [71KB]