Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

I claim Housing Benefit / Council Tax reduction and I'm moving house

The best way to report a change of address is through our Staffs Moorlands 'My Account' service. Registration is easy, and means that you can track the progress of your request from start to finish. Simply click on the button below! If you already have an account with us, you can also log in here.

Please note: If you are moving house, you will need to complete a 'change of circumstances' form within your account once created to get a new council tax reference number / bill.

To report a change without an account, click on the button below. Please note that you won't be able to track the progress of your request OR view bills online if you choose this method. 

Once this form has been completed, it will be sent to the benefits team, and we will let you know if your entitlement to will change. We'll also update your council tax account, and send you a new bill.

Registering to vote

You will also need to register to vote at your new address. Every person in the household must do this using the GOV.UK website.

If you don't do this, you won't be put onto the Electoral register at your new address, and won't be able to vote in upcoming elections.